Tomato soup is a good blood purifier and also helps in improving skin color and texture. The volume of tomato soups also fills an individual hunger without a lot of calories. It contains a lot of vitamins, potassium and low in fat, cholesterol, saturated fat and is rich in Iron. Therefore, it is a very easy cook and can be easily made within 3 minutes. Here are the methods that assist you to cook delicious and creamy Tomato Soup.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 ½ lb. fresh tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g carrots, chopped
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt (according to your taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml or 5oz single cream
- crusty bread and butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes or until the onion almost softened but not browned. Remember, if you are using dried basil, put it in now.
- Add the celery, garlic, carrots, thyme and bay leaf and cook it all for a further 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally and make sure the vegetables don’t stick to the base of the pan.
- Then, add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and season well with black pepper and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes, and bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 40 minutes, until all the tomatoes are tender.
- Remove the thyme and bay leaf, and then blend the soup in a liquidizer or food processor. This will probably have to be done in two batches.
- Pour the soup into a clean saucepan, passing it through sift if you want it really smooth.
- Stir in the cream, a splash of sherry and extra seasoning if required.
Pour into large bowls or mugs and serve with fresh crusty bread and butter.